Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Reason I Have Peace on Election Day


Today is the day. The day when Americans decide who will become the next President of the United States of America. Does it baffle me that across this great nation, these are our two choices? You bet! But, I refuse to let my voice be silent—as an American and as a woman. My vote has been cast, and now I pray and wait. I will not spend today walking around in fear of what is to come. I know the man who holds the master plan. His name is Jesus Christ and in the words of the late Dr. S.M. Lockridge: That’s my King!


When you know the king, you know that his perfect love cast out all fear. When you know the king, you know that He can move mountains. When you know the king, you know that in the end He is victorious. When you know the king, you know that you can lie down tonight in perfect peace and that you are kept in the palm of His hand.
 
 

Be wise today. Know what you believe in and take that mindset to the polls. You are not going to like everything about either of the top-running candidates. I’m not here to tell you who to vote for. I am here to ensure that you understand that it is important to take the time to make your voice be heard. Do what YOU can, then let God handle the rest. Don’t be consumed with worry or fear. As Priscilla Shirer says in the video above, "He is the ruler of all rulers, the leader of all leaders...He cannot be explained away." He remains in control.
 
If you are feeling uneasy today or you just need a reminder of who your creator is, take a few minutes to watch these videos.
 
Peace to you on this Election Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment